National Review Institute hosted its inaugural William F. Buckley Jr. Communicators Conference at the Crystal Gateway Marriott on July 16-17, 2021. We were pleased to welcome over 30 students, interns, and young professionals from across the US and are encouraged by the support and participation in this first time event. You can find more about the Communicators program and photos from the event below.
About the Program
The “Buckley way” of communicating inspired generations of people to advance the works of liberty through civil discourse, logical argument, and engaging persuasion. The WFB Communicators Conference carries on this tradition of principled leadership by educating and equipping undergraduate and graduate students of journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, and advertising.
Through our program, participants will learn to:
- Identify common ground and areas of cooperation with others, without sacrificing principles;
- Demonstrate respect for a debate opponent by a civil exchange of views and a genuine tolerance for different ideas;
- Persuasively advance and defend one’s viewpoint;
- Recognize marketing biases and develop effective forms of advertising; and
- Draw upon practical knowledge in the wide and varied field of communications, including reporting, public speaking, interviewing, podcasting, and marketing.
William F. Buckley Jr. “engaged energetically in the world of language.” His legacy compels a new generation to explore the new and ever-changing field of communications.
William F. Buckley Jr. Communicators Conference Photos
July 16 – 17, 2021
Thank you to our generous sponsors and partners for helping make this event possible!